First enable windows sandbox as a feature;
- Open Start.
- Search for Turn Windows features on or off, and click the top result to open the Windows Features experience.
- Check the Windows Sandbox option.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Restart now button.
Then to create/use the sandbox you just make config files like this:
- Open Notepad.
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save as option.
- Type a descriptive name and use the .wsb extension.
It can be as simple as this for no networking:
<Configuration> <Networking>Disable</Networking> </Configuration>
Or this with networking:
<Configuration> <Networking>Default</Networking> </Configuration>
You can also share a directory with the host machine that gets dumped as a shortcut onto the sandbox desktop:
<Configuration> <MappedFolders> <MappedFolder> <HostFolder>C:\share</HostFolder> <ReadOnly>true</ReadOnly> </MappedFolder> </MappedFolders> </Configuration>
& You can tell it to run something on boot;
<LogonCommand> <Command>calc.exe</Command> </LogonCommand>